How to create a new Instant Answer
- Create an IA Page
- Follow the steps in "How to open a Pull Request"
How to report a bug
- Follow the steps in "How to create a GitHub issue"
- Add "Bug: " before the title
How to create a GitHub issue
- Visit the IA Page and clicking the "Create Issue" button.
- Add the issue description following the template
Divide the description into sections:
- "Background", similar to the forum topic, explaining what the issue is and why it needs to be addressed that way
- "To Do", a simple list of steps to follow in order to complete the task
How to open a Pull Request
- Go to the GitHub repository for the Instant Answer type you're building and open a Pull Request to master against your working branch
- Fill in the Pull Request template
- Add the link to the IA Page
- Add the link to the forum topic for the specific project
How to tell if a Pull Request can be merged
A pull request is ready to be merged when it meets the following requirements:
- All the ToDos defined before opening it are done
- All the tests pass (On DuckPAN and Travis)
- It's live on beta, has been manually tested very thoroughly by staff members or Language Leaders and it looks good
- It's an improvement compared to what we have live on duckduckgo.com
How to get help
- Leave a reply under the forum topic for the project you're working on
- Send a private message to @pjhampton or @moollaza on Slack
- If you're not on Slack, request an invite to our Slack team.