Welcome to DuckDuckHack
We're an open-source community dedicated to improving DuckDuckGo search results with Instant Answers, and you can help!
Our goal is to have a high quality, relevant Instant Answer for every search.
Our current priority is to improve existing Instant Answers (based on user feedback, and internal analysis). Working on these issues will have an impact for DuckDuckGo users around the world! Instant Answers are built by leveraging 3rd party APIs and external data sets. The community and DuckDuckGo staff work with developers to make sure the Instant Answer is the best it can be.
- Choose a task from the Open Tasks table, or from GitHub:
- Watch videos on creating Instant Answers.
Learn by example! Read through the tutorials for Instant Answers we've built in the past. All of these are self-contained and will get you up and running.
- (Beginner Programmers) Create a programming syntax cheat sheet.
- (Intermediate Programmers) Create an Instant Answer that performs calculations.
- (Experienced Programmers) Use your favorite API to build an Instant Answer.
Get in Touch
Want help? Need to think out loud? There are several ways to get in touch with staff, community leaders, and contributors. We look forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Let us know if we can improve anything in these documents by opening issues directly on Github.