Welcome to DuckDuckHack
We're a community dedicated to making DuckDuckGo the best search engine for programmers, and you can help!
Our goal is to have a high quality, relevant Instant Answer for every search.
Instant Answers are built by leveraging 3rd party APIs and external data sets. The community and DuckDuckGo staff work with developers to make sure the Instant Answer is the best it can be.
The Programming Mission is the current focus of DuckDuckHack: improving search for the top 15 programming languages. For now, we are only accepting Pull Requests and Issues related to the Programming Mission.
How to contribute
See how to Get Started and:
- Choose a task from the Open Tasks table, or from GitHub:
- Join the discussion for your language of interest:
- Become a Language Leader
- Watch videos on creating Instant Answers.
Learn by example! Read through the tutorials for Instant Answers we've built in the past. All of these are self-contained and will get you up and running.
- (Beginner Programmers) Create a programming syntax cheat sheet.
- (Intermediate Programmers) Create an Instant Answer that performs calculations.
- (Experienced Programmers) Use your favorite API to build an Instant Answer.
Get in Touch
Want help? Need to think out loud? There are several ways to get in touch with staff, leaders, and community members. We look forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Let us know if we can improve anything in these documents by opening issues directly on Github.